Christofle’s flatware is dishwasher safe with the exception of gold gilded pieces and Talisman. Kindly note that certain detergents can wear at your flatware. If you do not wash your silverware right after use, we suggest you rinse them off with lukewarm water.
SILVERWARE & DISHWASHER
The dishwasher is an effective way to maintain your Christofle silverware in clean and perfect condition, as long as you note the following:
- Before the first use, wash your silverware by hand with neutral dishwashing liquid without synthetic fragrance. Dish soaps containing citrus or lemon are to be avoided.
- Use only washing powders formulated without chlorine or citric acid (proscribe gels and liquids which often contain chlorine as well as “lemon perfumes” containing citric acid. Avoid multifunction tablets).
- When filling your dishwasher with regenerating salt, avoid putting silverware in on the first use.
- Follow the dishwasher’s instructions for water hardness: lime water that is too hard can be corrosive.
- Eggs, lemon, mustard, fish some fruits and legumes can also cause silverware to turn yellow. Prewashing by hand may be useful.
- ATTENTION: do not machine wash knives manufactured before 1968.
- Ideally, we advise that you partially open the dishwasher door at the end of the cycle, so that the dishes do not remain in an atmosphere saturated with vapor. Wipe the cutlery if they are STILL damp.
- Avoid the presence of crystal glasses which may also tarnish the silver.
- Separate silver cutlery from stainless steel: silver does not coexist well with other metals. Run two separate cycles or place them in a distant cutlery basket far from each other.
CARE PRODUCTS & PROCEDURES
Flatware: Le Flash Argent
Immerse the cutlery (except the knife blade) for a few seconds in Le Flash Argent. Any oxidation should disappear and immediately regain its shine.
For goldsmith’s pieces, use the Goldsmith’s paste or Antioxidant Milk.
To clean, polish and shine in one operation.
For routine maintenance of all silverware, use the Goldsmith’s Glove and the Chamoisine.
Pre-moistened with a cleaning agent. It will make your silverware shine instantly, while keeping your hands clean.
- All Christofle’s picture frames are varnished and require no maintenance.
- Do not use neither Christofle cleaning products nor conventional cleaning products (glass products for example) as they could damage the frames.
- A dry or damp cloth is enough to dust them off.
- For bi-material wood and silver products, avoid the use of cleaning products on wood.